Friday, October 2, 2015

Thankful for Books

With our Canadian Thanksgiving coming up on October 12th, I wonder what kinds of things people are thankful for. I love books: picture books to share with children, novels that take you to another time or place, and nonfiction books to teach you about the world.  I am thankful for books that make me not want the story to end because I've grown attached to the characters. I'm thankful for the creativity of the authors and illustrators whose books fill the shelves of our library learning commons. And finally, I'm thankful to be able to share the gift of reading with children.

     "I do believe something very magical can happen 

when you read a good book."

                 --J.K. Rowling
What are you thankful for?  Tell us in the comments below.

No comments: